Monday, November 18, 2013

Fall Weddings

Mid November weddings give you lots of options as far as decor goes. It technically still is Fall ... but winter is right around the corner. So do you opt for jewel tones of red, yellows, oranges and greens with plenty of leaves, branches and perhaps pumpkins and gourds. OR, do you lean toward the season that comes next and go with whites, silvers, golds and perhaps blues ? This past weekend I had the pleasure of designing the flowers for another one of my fabulous brides. The reception venue was Aria Wedding and Banquet Facility in Prospect Connecticut. My initial consultation with Cassandra lasted for hours ! We talked about her likes and dislikes. Her vision for her special day. How she was going to wear her hair and her accessories. I felt like I had known her for years and was so excited to make all of her wedding dreams come true. Let's talk table centers. A sphere of white carnations on a round mirror and adorned with a pretty brooch of rhinestones and crystals.  Lace covered square votives were then placed around the mirror which added a warm glow and romance to the room. Sprinkled on the mirror among loose white dendrobium orchids were clear glass gems that played with the candlelight. Simple, elegant and breath taking. One other aspect of Cassandras wedding that I would like to share with you is the tree I created for the place card table. In a three foot clear glass vase, I added more clear gems and silver sprayed willow branches that wove delicately thru the air. I then cut thirty, ten inch long lengths of thin chiffon ribbon and attached them all the way around the tree on the lower branches. At the bottom of each piece of ribbon I added a single white dendrobium orchid bloom. On the table there were lots and lots of lace covered votives illuminating the entire area.I named this beautiful tree, "The Orchid Waterfall Tree." Working with Cassandra was fun and I enjoyed all of the work and creativity that I shared with her on her special day !

For pictures of the work done by Wild Expressions
can be found on the gallery page of our web-site

No comments:

Post a Comment